Hello all,
So I made it down the mountain. The last week we have been in the Alta Vera Paz mountains chillen in the Chi Cac Nab village. So while we were there i got really sick with some sort of a flu like cold, which was a huge bummer because I had to spend all week in bed so that was really unfortunate. But the rest of the group helped build an alter in a church and they did an amazing job. So now we aer back in Coban and it feels really nice we get to take hot showers and have good food. Tomorrow we are heading to Chi Chi the largest market in Guatemala so that is really exciting!! Then we are off to Xela the second largest city in the guatemala so ill be able to write again soon. I hope everyone is doing well I love reading your comments.
talkto yousoon.
xoxo soph
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
SOPHIE! That was so much fun to read about everything you've been up to. I hope you're feeling better, it must be miserable to be sick away from home. And btw... the pic of you and the snake is hilareousss, I can't believe you had the guts to put it on your head!
I miss you! lots of love,
Miss Carolyn
HI Soph! Wow, hope you are better ! Keep blogging and my best to a fantastic time! Love, Mrs. K.
Soph,
So sorry you were sick but now on the mend. have a blast shopping and remember you can ship treasures home and you'll love having them. Carolyn and I are in Winston Salem, NC visiting Wake Forest today so we'll see how that goes. We got to see Katie Hughes at the regatta this past weekend - their Vermont novice boat placed 2nd. She is great and fun to see her. Our tent definitely made theirs look simple with all the food we had flooding over the tent sides. Katie came and visited which was great. Next weekend, the V1 boys and girls get to row in head of the Charles. Carolyn so misses you as cox. Clarkee played in a tennis tourney this weekend at Quinnipiac (sp?) and is probably having too good of time at school. Spencer is working on a WAC and convinced life couldn't be more miserable!! Adios. Love to hear what's shakin in Guatamala. Hugs, Karen
Hoi Poppie,
Goed om te lezen dat jij weer opgeknapt bent! Ik ben benieuwd on te zien wat je allemaal gekocht hebt op de markt! Wij hebben een heel leuk weekeinde in Middlebury doorgebracht met Hubert, Everdien en Coco, hoewel, de B&B wel even wennen was (maar beter dan de Econolodge!). Helaas hadden wij niet genoeg tijd om met Coco bij te kletsen, dus hopelijk lukt dat op Thanksgiving.
Leuk om jouw e-mail van gisteren te lezen over de nieuwe gastfamilie en dat jouw spaans alweer zoveel beter geworden.
Ik kijk weer uit naar jouw volgende verkalen!
Liefs,
Pap
HI Miss Sophie,
It is so nice to read your blogs. You are such a hoot and life in Hingahm seems so boring in comparison to what you are experiencing. We talked to Matt Friday night and he sounded sick as a dog but is now feeling better. He has been up till 4am and then up again at 8 for classes because this is his mid term week. His last mid term is tomorrow so I think things will calm down after that. Football rages on in the Cawley house. The HS team is struggling a bit so I made a "Reverse the Curse" chocolate cake for Kurt and his posse on Sunday. They play Duxbury on Friday night so send good karma our way. I love how you splurged on a hot shower and pizza...We miss you.
love
Thwe Cawleys
Post a Comment