Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hello,
So right now we are staying in the village of Poptun, guatemala and we are in our first homestays. I got a really nice house the family is not so nice but we have running water a working toilet and a shower so that is pretty nice. We also started our projects today and we are clearing out an overgrow ditch but they dont really want to give us any real jobs because we are with mostly girls and we think we cant do anything. We are all getting along really well which is great and the bugs havent been too bad [knock on wood]. But it is really really hot but there have been a few rain showers here and there which is nice casue it cools everything down. I hope everything back home is good and i will write again soon.
sophie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sophie, Het is zo leuk om je blog te lezen
Knap je je er door heen slaat.
xxx mam

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Sophie,
WE miss you. I had lunch with your Mom today. It was fun. We went to Square Cafe and shared salad and french fries. We had a nice chat. I talked to Matt yesterday and all seems well with him. He likes Middlebury and he had his first scrimmage vs Dartmouth. We didn't see it because we went to Kurt's game in Hingham. Both Matt's and Kurt's teams won but it wasn't the same without your smiling face in the stands. Kurt is doing homework now and says HI. So does Mr. Cawley. We hope you are staying safe and enjoying your trip. I hope this blog finds its way to you because the last time I tried to blog it didn't go through because I didn't do something right.
Love The Cawleys

Anonymous said...

Hai Sophie,
Ook ik heb jouw blog gevonden, erg leuk om te lezen wat een avontuur je beleeft/tegemoet gaat in Central America, wat een afwisseling! Ik zou zo even bij je aan willen haken..! Enjoy and take care, liefs Nicole

Anonymous said...

HI Sophie---Walked with your mom last night with the girls (Deezel and Kaya). Hmm, sounds like my kind of weather--hot and "not a hair day!" Have a great week and will write soon. Mrs. K

Unknown said...

Hi Sophie,
Tubbing? I never believed my paddling did anything when rafting, so why not. Just stick me in a tub next time.
Diana had an interview at Cornell on Monday so we saw Jane. After an unbelievable amount of complaining about painting, she got it done and now thinks she has the best room in the place.
I haven't had lunch or a walk with your mom. I think I'll give her a call.
Ellen and all the Whalens